Monday, December 14, 2015

Trick or Treat!

Happy Halloween!

I can't believe this is week 4 done and gone! I only have 2 weeks left in the MTC!!! I have really loved the experience that I've had here. I have made some incredible lifelong friendships and felt the Spirit so strongly!

This week was really exciting! To start off, on Monday we had service in the morning and the guy who works here I found out grew up in Montgomery Village and graduated from Watkins Mill HS in '09! His name is Josh Smith. Crazy right?! It was awesome getting to talk to a fellow Marylander all the way over here in Utah! 

Tuesday night was incredible. I haven't talked about the MTC choir yet so let me just tell you, our director, Brother Eggett, is AMAZING. He is hilarious and he doesn't just focus on us learning the new song every week, yes it's a new one every week! He tells gospel related stories to help us understand the emotions in the song we are singing about. So Tuesday we sang "More Holiness Give Me" arranged by Katherine Wright(sp?), it's a GORGEOUS arrangment for all you musicians out there, AND WE SANG IT FOR AN APOSTLE. The Tuesday night devotional was broadcast to all the other MTCs around the world and Neil L. Andersen spoke! I have never been so excited in my entire life. His talk was on Sacrifice, Opposition, the Adversary, and Deliverance. It was absolutely incredible. I love the Spirit here and the opportunities we get to have!

Thursday we committed our investigator to baptism!!!! (We'll call her Diana) She is the sweetest lady I have ever met with such a sweet spirit about her. She loved having us teach her and I am going to be so sad since we only have 2 more lessons with her! The people we teach in the MTC are great practice for when we are actually out in the field. So we have 3 investigators, two of which are our teachers using a persona and giving us feedback on how we're teaching and the other is a member of the church who is actually a convert telling their real story, but they also act like they are investigating the church. Diana has been so wonderful to teach and to learn from. I didn't imagine learning so much from our investigators, but they teach us!

So we don't get to celebrate Halloween here in the MTC, my first Halloween in 23 years that I'm not dressing up!!! Sad, but naturally we, as a district, had to have some fun. So last night one of the Elders in my district (class), got a fake rat and tied floss to it. We pranked BOTH of our teachers, Hermano Andreason and Hermana Zakimi! It is HILARIOUS! 

Today we went to the temple early in the morning and it was gorgeous. I love getting to do work for those who have already passed on that they might have the chance to accept this wonderful gospel. I am so grateful for my district, who are like brothers to me (there are 6 of them), my roommates Hermana Brown (yes there's two of us!) and HermanaBartholomew, who have been absolutely wonderful when I get trunkie (that's missionary speak for homesick!), and my beautiful companions Hermana Pierce and Hermana Ashby, without whom I don't know how I could do any of the things that I do! 

Thank you to all of you who have sent me pictures, letters, and packages!!! They are worth their weight in gold here at the MTC! I love hearing all about home and what is going on in each of your lives! 

Just a reminder: My P-day is going to be on Saturdays while I'm in the MTC. Also, I would LOVE if you all would send me pictures (by snail mail) so I can hang them up on my walls! Also, if you want to send me an email, but don't want me to have to wait until Saturday to read it you can go DearElder.com and type in my Unit number which is 94 and my mission Utah Logan and I type away! They will print it out and deliver it to me the same day!

I love you all so very much and hope you can see Heavenly Father's hand in your life each and every day!

Love always,

Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment