Monday, December 14, 2015

In the MTC!

Hola!!!

I am in the MTC!!!! This is so weird! I miss you all so much and I am so blessed to have all of you in my life! I want to start off by saying THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all of you who wrote in my journal

So, my P-day is going to be on Saturdays while I'm in the MTC. Also, I would LOVE if you all would send me pictures (by snail mail) so I can hang them up on my walls! If you want to send pictures of the temples or any cute quotes you find on Pinterest (you know who you are :P) I would seriously LOVE that! I can get them laminated here at the Copy Center. Also, if you want to send me an email, but don't want me to have to wait until Saturday to read it you can go DearElder.com and type in my Unit number which is 94 and my mission Utah Logan and I type away! They will print it out and deliver it to me the same day! 

My first 4 days here have been a whirlwind. I have been learning Spanish (yes I actually can speak a little and understand a little Spanish!!! Be proud), getting to know my AMAZING companions (yes I have two and they're the best), and having incredible spiritual experiences. All of you that said it would be like trying to get a drink of water from a fire hose were NOT kidding. It was a little overwhelming, but it's been such an amazing (I know I keep using that word, but I have no other words for how it feels!) experience. My companions are HermanaPierce, 19, and Hermana Ashby, 19. Hermana Pierce took 6 years of German (crazy right?!) and has no experience with Spanish so it has been a little hard for her. Hermana Ashby took some in high school and she is definitely the best out of the three of us. It has been so much fun bonding with them these past couple of days. In the MTC days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days. I've only been out on my mission for 4 days! So strange. 

I want to tell you about one spiritual experience that we had yesterday. We had a lesson with our first investigator, someone interested in the church, IN SPANISH. Her name is Diana. We planned out what we were going to teach her and what we were going to ask/say to her in Spanish during out Daily Planning Session. We then practiced & prepared during class time & our appointment was at 6:30. We prayed before we went in that the Spirit would be with us & guide us through the lesson. We knew that if we had the Spirit we would be able to communicate Heavenly Father's love to Diana despite the language barrier. We went to her door (actually just a classroom door but all the same) and she invited us in. We got to know her a little bit & enjoyed the friendly conversation (in broken Spanish on our parts) We talked about how her mom is a member of the church and how she felt about it, her beliefs in and about God, and her ideas about the church. Hermana Ashby and I did most of the talking, but there was one incredible moment I will never forget. While H. Ashby and I were speaking to Diana, H. Pierce said she understood nothing that was being said, but felt the Spirit prompt her to bear her testimony. She did and it was SO powerful! And it was at the perfect moment in the lesson! The power of prayer and the Holy Spirit are SO REAL. Heavenly Father knows exactly how, when, and through whom He wants to communicate and reach out to His children. 

I have so much going through my head, but I can't get out the words to say! I can't wait to hear from you all whether it be by email, DearElder.com, snail mail, or packages! 

Love always,

Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment