Monday, December 14, 2015

18 DAYS 'TIL NAVIDAD!

Howdy all!

It's P-day again and I'm so excited to share some exciting things with you! 

Wednesday, we had our Christmas Program where all of the missionaries in the entire Utah Logan Mission got together and listened to musical numbers and heard from our Mission President and his wife. It was so fun and really got me excited for Christmas! We also got our car!!! It has been such a blessing to have the car now because since we are covering a Spanish ward we cover 7 different stakes which makes the area that we cover humongous! Now that we have a car we can reach people it would've taken much longer to find. That night we had dinner at the Zamora's home, a family from our ward and guess what! I ate cow head and cow tongue!  Yes, you read that correctly. I am officially out of my comfort zone people. Hermana Lucas laughed at me when I told her that I was going to write it in my journal and my weekly email, "I feel like all American missionaries write that in their journals," yep she's got that right!  Here is a picture of my "family" that we took at the Christmas Program. 

Top: Hermana Lucas (our mom & my current companion)
Middle: Sister Gaastra, Hermana Bettey, Sister Petersen, and Me (Hna. Lucas's daughters aka people she's trained)
Botton: Sister Burt & Sister Martin (both are Sister Gaastra's daughters/trainees)



Aren't we adorable?!​

Thursday was a day of learning to be patient and trust in Heavenly Father completely. Especially when it comes to following the Spirit and being comfortable with the language! The scripture of the day for me was Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthenth me" I've always loved that scripture, but I never really realized that when it says "through Christ" it literally means you cannot do anything without the help of our Savior. I am learning to ask my Father in heaven for help and He always sends me to the scriptures, to church, and most often to our Savior. Christ knows everything we have ever gone through and ever will go through. I am so grateful for someone I can go to who understands me perfectly. 

The rest of the week was full of lessons and tracting! One of our investigators and his wife had their baby today!!! We got them a little gift a dropped it off the other day in anticipation of this day! I'm so excited for them and I hope that he can now see how this gospel can bless his new little family!

Here is a picture of the view from our mission President's house; the mountains are gorgeous with the snow on them!




No comments:

Post a Comment