Monday, December 14, 2015

Just Kidding!!

Hello from the cold Cache Valley!

So, last time I emailed I said that my P-day would be on Mondays. Well...I lied! I didn't know that my P-day would actually be on Tuesdays, so sorry if you all were anxiously awaiting my email yesterday! I am finally in Utah! It is pretty cold up here, but the mountains are BEAUTIFUL. The first day we got here we went to meet the mission president and his wife, who are so incredibly sweet and funny! We met them at the temple and we took some pictures. The Logan temple looks like a castle, doesn't it?! 
 It's absolutely gorgeous. Then we went a did some other things, I was running on about 2 hours of sleep from dropping off my companions that morning and having to be up super early for my train ride. So when we went to bed I crashed! We got to stay at President and Sister Allred's house which was also beautiful! 

The next day I got my iPad and my companion! Hermana Lucas is AMAZING. And she's from Texas!!! She was born in Mexico, but raised in McAllen, TX! She and I are so alike and we get along so well! She has been out on her mission for 15 months. She is super funny and really hard working. 

We went to a baptism on Saturday and afterward we went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. We realized we would have to walk back 2.6 miles to our apartment in the dark and the cold. As we were walking out of the restaurant to leave, this couple with three boys offered to give us a ride! Turned out that both of them had served missions and our house was on their way home. Heavenly Father really knows us and takes care of us! Our dinner appointments on Sunday fell through and we didn't have much to eat at the apartment. We went out tracting later and were looking for a previous investigator. We went to his address and there was a family there who were members of the church! The sister asked if we had eaten and we sheepishly said kind of. She made us soup, and toast, and gave us cookies when we left! They also invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner. They were so kind to us and we had just barely met! It is absolutely incredible to me that Heavenly Father really does take care of His missionary soldiers. 

In case you didn't get it last time here is my new address:
Hermana Katelyn Hamill Brown
179 East 800 North
Logan UT 84321

I miss you all dearly, but I am so blessed to be here in this wonderful mission. I am out here helping other people learn about Christ. That there is hope in the world despite all of the horrible things that go on. That there is someone who loves and cares about us regardless of anything that has happened, is happening, and will ever happen. That Heavenly Father wants us to all to return to live with Him in heaven and He has prepared a way for us to do just that. 

I would love to hear from you all whether it be letters or emails! Thank you for all of your support. I pray for all of you every day that you may know my love for you and Heavenly Father's love for you.


Love always,
Hermana Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment