Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Surprise!

Feliz Año Nuevo!!!

It's 2016!!!! Gahhh!!! 

So, last Wednesday we got new missionaries! I'm not the youngest in the mission anymore! Unfortunately, none of them were Spanish speaking so I'm still the baby in the Spanish program...

We spent our New Year's Eve in a church building playing Volleyball from 6-9 and then we went home, planned and slept. Of course, we were promptly woken up at 11:59 pm to fireworks and loud noises in our front yard to which we responded "Happy New Year, Hermana" "Happy New Year" and then fell back to sleep. Such an exciting new year!!!!! 

Nothing else exciting happened until today! So the reason for the title of the email is that SURPRISE! we have a new companion! I am now in a trio with Hermana Lucas and Hermana Michia! She is from Argentina so I'm really excited to be able to have two native Spanish speakers around. I think it will really help me learn the language.

Everyone keeps making me jealous by talking about the Star Wars movie and I freak out everytime we see anything Star Wars related so naturally I had to take this picture...




If anyone tells me any spoilers I WILL CRY. So please don't! It's hard enough with all of the things I want to buy in Walmart!!! Haha!

Onto important business. Our Mission Office has asked that we have our packages and mail sent directly to us instead of to the Mission Office! So now my address is:
720 S 200 W
Logan, UT 84321

Last, but never least, a spiritual thought! This week I was reading a talk by President Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency, called "The Power of a Personal Testimony." And there was a quote that I really loved. It says, "A testimony is a most precious possession because it is not acquired by logic or reason alone, it cannot be purchased with earthly possessions, and it cannot be given as a present or inherited from our ancestors. We cannot depend on the testimonies of other people. We need to know for ourselves." That is such a powerful and true statement. We all need to know and find out for ourselves that Jesus Christ is the resurrected, living Son of the living God, Our Heavenly Father. He is the only one who knows us completely because He suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the Cross at Calvary. He is the only way we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. We must come unto Him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit having full faith in Him. Only then may we gain eternal life. I know that my Heavenly Father lives and He loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son who suffered for all of us. He knows us perfectly and wants us to turn to Him in our weakness and our sorrow. I am so blessed to have this opportunity to share this gospel with the world, especially the people of Logan. I encourage each of you to pray and find out for yourself, to gain a personal testimony as President Uchtdorf teaches.

I love each of you so much and I can't wait to hear about your wonderful New Year!

Love Always,

Hermana Brown
720 S 200 W
Logan, UT 84321

No comments:

Post a Comment