Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Countdown Begins

So I'm really new at this whole blog thing and I don't exactly know what I'm doing, but here I am. I will be reporting to the MTC in 55 days. And honestly? I'm FREAKING OUT. Not totally in a bad way though. I feel nervous, excited, terrified, full of love, and like I'm going to explode all at the same time! Is that even possible? I don't know. But what I do know is that I am where I am supposed to be right now. Heavenly Father has a plan for me and He is preparing me for great things. I am not anywhere near perfect, but God isn't asking me (or anyone for that matter) to be perfect. He is asking that we strive to be like Christ. I always heard that term "to strive" to be like Christ growing up and even still now, but I honestly I didn't entirely know what it meant. I mean I think everyone knows it means to try, but since I'm going to be teaching people how to do just that I took the liberty of looking it up for myself. And I was pleasantly surprised. 

According to dictionary.com:


strive




[strahyv] 
  • verb (used without object) 

1.
to exert oneself vigorously; try hard:
He strove to make himself understood.
2.
to make strenuous efforts toward any goal:
to strive for success.
3.
to contend in opposition, battle, or any conflict; compete.
4.
to struggle vigorously, as in opposition or resistance:
to strive against fate.
5.
to rival; vie.

That is a lot more intense than I thought. I think my favorite definition is the third one "to contend in opposition, battle, or any conflict; compete." To strive to be like Christ is not a cakewalk. It is not going to be easy or fun all the time. It is supposed to be hard work. It is a battle. And the opposition is Satan. He is going to push and fight against everything we try to do to become like Christ. Every. Single. Step. We just have to remember that we are not in this alone. We have each other. We have the Holy Ghost. And most importantly we have God. All we have to do is kneel down and ask for His help. He is so willing and ready to give it to us if we are willing to humble ourselves and ask for it. That's the first step to becoming like Christ. If we strive, exert ourselves vigorously, contend in opposition, battle to be like Christ each and everyday Heavenly Father will bless our lives. 

So that's my first step. Strive to be like Christ. I'm not perfect, but God is only asking me to try. I am so very blessed to have been given this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and the people of Logan, Utah. To share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To learn to love each of God's children. This is going to be an incredible journey and I'm excited that you all are along for the ride. If you didn't get to see my mission call opening it is attached to my very first post! Thank you in advance for all of your prayers and support. I love you all!



Love always,
K


No comments:

Post a Comment