Monday, August 10, 2015

I'm Going On A Mission!

On May 4th, 2013, I made the life changing decision to be baptized and become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, more commonly recognized as the Mormon Church. I have seen so many blessings come from this decision and I have become so much closer to our Heavenly Father because of it. Realizing Christ’s role in my life and what his sacrifice has done for me has been one of the most fulfilling parts of joining this church.
Many of you will hear “going on a mission” and think week-long or a couple month long mission trip. In our church, going on a mission consists of completely dedicating our life, for a year and a half (two years for young men), to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. All prospective missionaries turn in applications to Church headquarters and they receive a call to a specific mission around the world. They spend a few weeks in a training center where some of them learn a new language and all of them rigorously study and practice teaching the gospel. Then they set off to their assigned locations and begin their service. On October 7th, 2015, I will be entering the Provo Missionary Training Center to prepare for my mission in Logan, Utah. I will be preparing to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.
I am excited about the opportunity to serve and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am seeking your support and prayers while I take this next step in my journey. I will only be able to communicate by email once a week during the duration of my mission. If you would like to be a part of a weekly “mass email” please go to this link http://goo.gl/forms/RPV8k8kA6f and fill out the form so I can have your email! If you would like to send me care packages or handwritten letters I will make sure that my physical address information will be updated here on my blog and on my Facebook. Also if you would like to know more information about what I will be doing or sharing on my mission feel free to visit https://www.lds.org/callings/missionary/faqs?lang=eng or http://www.mormon.org/values.


I thank you in advance for your prayers and your financial support. I will be praying for you and thinking of you often!

Love always,
K



No comments:

Post a Comment