Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Countdown Continues

One week from today I will have entered the MTC at 12:30pm. 

ONE WEEK. 

7 DAYS. 

This is insane. 

I can't believe this is actually happening. I'm going to be a sister missionary. For a year and a half. Seriously, I can't believe it. Many people keep asking if I'm excited or nervous and I guess I'm a little bit of both, but to be honest I'm not really feeling anything at the moment. It still hasn't hit me that this is real. That I'm really leaving everything behind and dedicating a year and a half of my life to the Lord. I keep thinking about all the things I am going miss out on while I'm gone, all the things that will have changed. I am going to be 25 when I get back. TWENTY-FIVE. WHAT. Anyway, the point is that things are going to be different, but I have to get used to it. It's going to be a change for the better. I am excited to have this opportunity to serve others, to grow spiritually, and to become the best version of myself. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and I'm trying to figure out mine. This is one step on my journey and I can't wait to find out the rest. 

I am excited for General Conference this weekend! We are so blessed to get to have the opportunity to hear from our prophet and other general authorities twice a year (April and October). General Conference has a special place in my heart because last April's conference was when I decided to go on a mission and some conferences ago was when I decided that this church was the church that I needed to be a part of. 

Heavenly Father will bless so many of your lives if you live the way He asks us to. He is waiting to pour out blessings upon us if we just go to Him and ask! I am so grateful for each one of you and I can't wait to be emailing you from the MTC!!! 

Like I said previously: 
You are more than welcome to write me personal/individual emails, but I will be sending out a mass email every week updating you on what's going on in my mission life! (It will be most of the same content that gets posted here!)


My physical address while in the MTC, should you choose to be wonderful and send me handwritten letters or care packages, will be: 

Sister Katelyn Hamill Brown
Utah Logan Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center***
2005 N 900 East
Provo, UT 84602
United States

***A more specific mailing address will be sent to me by email on October 2nd and I will send it out to you when I get it!***

My physical address will change throughout my mission so I will make sure that I update that when it does change! 

I love you all and I am so grateful for your support through this next step in my journey!

Love always,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment